Soak the nails 5 to 10 minutes in a preparation containing a teaspoon of dried horsetail and 1 teaspoon of comfrey boiled in a cup of water. Repeat this action several times a week. The horsetail is excellent as it is high in silica which gives strength to weak and dull nails.
Another variant of the above remedy is to soak the nails in horsetail tea and then rub with the fingertips, the cuticles with a comfrey paste. This paste is prepared with the comfrey powder in a sufficient amount of water to have consistency.
Extract the juice from an orange or a lemon and add a teaspoon of sugar. Pour into a bowl and then introduce the nails for a few minutes and then remove and rub the nails with a cotton ball previously soaked in the almond oil. Perform this action on a daily basis, preferably before bedtime.
Mix 2 teaspoons of castor oil, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil and store in a sealed glass container. Apply this preparation with a brush on the nails as if you were painting them every night before sleeping for a month.
Pour 1 teaspoon of chamomile and another of mint leaves into a cup of boiling water. Leave it to stand for 30 minutes and then filter and mix with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of wheat flour. Apply it to your nails and leave for 30 minutes and finally rinse.
Put 20 drops of lavender essential oil and 10 drops of lemon essential oil directly into a dark glass bottle with dropper. Then add 1 tablespoon of almond oil and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil. Screw the dropper cap, wrap the bottle with the hand and shake the formula with energy for 2 minutes to thoroughly mix all the ingredients and heat gradually to the room temperature.
Put the jar in a dark place at a temperature of between sixteen and twenty-seven degrees Celsius for twenty-four hours, so that the oils can enter into synergy. Apply a drop to each nail at night and massage each nail with a soft flannel fabric or fingers for about one minute.
It is important to note that, in order to take advantage of maximum freshness and effectiveness, it is recommended to use within six months. This remedy is a very penetrating blend that hydrates the nails to retain their strength and flexibility and prevent them from cracking or quenching.
Today’s woman performs multiple tasks not only in her work but also in the house where she has to perform household chores and, at the same time, take care of her children. So many activities absorb the woman’s time which makes it difficult for her to take proper care of her nails and ask what they can eat and do to strengthen nails. In this article, we will see a few remedies that can help the women to have beautiful and strong nails.
- Soak for 15 to 30 minutes the fingertips in half a cup of olive oil every night before bed in order to moisturize the nails and avoiding to dry and break.
- Dip the nails into warm water with a spoonful of baking soda for 15 minutes once a week.
- Dip your nails into a bowl containing apple cider vinegar every night before bed for 15 days consecutively.
- Cut and crush a raw garlic clove and place inside a clear enamel. Let stand it for a week and then paint with this preparation on your nails.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of dill into a cup of boiling water. Cover and let it cool. Now dip the nails into this warm infusion before making the manicure.
- Massage the nails with castor oil which soothes dry and cracked cuticles and nails. To do this, you must apply a drop of this oil to each nail. Castor oil contains vitamin E which helps the nail to strengthen and gives it a shine.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of papaya juice with a tablespoon of egg yolk and a half teaspoon of almond oil. Apply on the nails using a gentle massage. Leave on for 30 minutes and, after that time, wash your hands with cold water.
- Each night, in a half cup of warm peanut oil, leave your fingers submerged for about five minutes and then massage the nails around the nails, so that the oil penetrates the roots and, finally, dry them with cotton.
- Mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, previously heated, with 1/4 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of beer. Pour into a bowl and soak your nail to strengthen for 15 minutes in this preparation for at least 2 times a week.
- Mix 3 oz. of lard with 1 powdered white camphor and it can be obtained from the botanical pharmacies and herbalists to form a paste and apply on the nails on a daily basis at night till you get the desired results.