Do you have a thermos? I hope you do as it is one of the basic necessary items if you love to enjoy hot coffee outside your home in the winter season or enjoy cool energy drinks or water in the summers when you are out of home. Whatever liquid you may enjoy with the help a thermos, you may have the following concern and you must have heard many people expressing it.
“I have a thermos that smells very bad and I do not know how to remove the bad smell from the inside. Are there any homemade remedies to clean the thermos without using any chemicals and get rid of the bad odor?
Let me tell you a few tips to clean and eliminate the bad odor of the thermos.
- A homemade trick to disinfect, clean and remove odor from thermos is to add a little hot water and a few grains of rice. Shake the thermos and repeat it several times. You will see that the thermos term will be very clean.
- To remove the dirt inside, a home tip is to add a cup of hot water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Let it sit all night and clean the next day with a bottle brush. Rinse with cold water and it will be ready to use.
- The eggshell is another home product to clean and disinfect the thermos. Break an egg shell and add to the thermos with two cups of hot water. Close it and shake vigorously for a few minutes. Rinse with a plenty of cold water.
- Vinegar is another home remedy to disinfect and thoroughly clean the thermos in addition to removing the odor. Add a quarter of white vinegar into the thermos with a cup of water. Shake well and let stand 10 minutes and rinse with cold water. Vinegar will also help remove tartar stuck inside.
- To remove odors and disinfect the heat very well, a homemade recipe is to boil 1 cup of water with about 3 lemons, pour into the flask and shake well. Finally, let stand for a few minutes and rinse and the thermos will be perfectly clean.
This is how you can clean a thermos .