Many buyers and sellers are wary of working with a realtor to buy or sell a property. However, it is important to keep in mind that a transaction of purchase and sale carries many details and requires the participation of several specialists in various subjects, especially if the buyer is foreign or if the purchase is made through mortgage financing. Here are some important considerations in this regard.
- A realtor is a licensed professional. This means, for your peace of mind, that the performance of your work must be done within the legal framework of the department that governs the professions. Otherwise you put your license at risk.
- A realtor is a facilitator able to deal with all parts of the process, as well as with the required documentation and to ensure that contract times are met.
- He is a negotiator who knows the medium and works for the benefit of clients seeking to obtain and negotiate the greatest qualitative and quantitative advantages within the transaction. His interest is to achieve the satisfaction of clients through a successful transaction that fulfills clients’ expectations.
- A realtor has the specialized technical knowledge to obtain comparable prices in similar properties, as well as many details related to the properties and the behavior of the market.
- He has access to the specialized professional portals where all the listings are available for sale such as Multiple Listing Services and to which all licensed professionals are members of the realtors association, which also means that he can advertise the sale of a property.
- A realtor is a promoter. When selling your house, besides announcing it in the centralized portal, he develops a management of marketing in other media and through other colleagues to ensure that his clients get the best price for the house. He interviews the possible buyers, filters and coordinate the visits only with those interested who are pre-qualified for the purchase. Avoiding the visits of curious or people who do not have the purchasing capacity save you time.
- The realtor is a diligent rep. When it comes to helping you buy your home, you will be able to search for properties that meet the characteristics you need, the price you are able to pay. The realtor makes appointments and keeps you informed of new properties that are coming to market with similar characteristics.