Pizza is simply loved by all. A lot of people enjoy eating pizza at home while some people visit pizza parlors to eat it. There’re many who like to make a pizza at home on their own. If you are the one, I will tell you a recipe to prepare pizza perfectly.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baker’s yeast
Steps to Make
- In a large mixing bowl, glass or plastic will do, combine flour, yeast, sugar and mix together well until they are all evenly distributed. A thick dough should form and it will probably stick to your wooden spoon, so you may have to scrape some of the dough off with your fingers.
- If the dough looks too ‘wet’, meaning there is obviously too much liquid for that amount of flour, you can add a small handful of flour into the dough and mix well again. Doing this once or twice is alright and will not affect the quality.
- Next, cover the mixing bowl with moist kitchen towel and set it aside to rise for at least 45 minutes or so. It should double in size due to the growth and gas production from the active yeast.
- Now, using your clean hands, push dough down inside the bowl and gently knead it over a few times.
- Next, cover the bowl again with towel and let it rise for 45 minutes or so. The dough should again grow to about double its original size and be ready for final steps of kneading and rolling.
- Sprinkle a handful of flour onto your countertop or table and turn out the dough. Gently knead it by hand about 10 to 12 times.
- Next, turn the dough into circular shape by hand and it should be about one inch thick.
- Now, using a rolling pin, roll the dough in alternating directions to form a circular shape to fit your pizza pan.
- Carefully apply a small amount of olive oil or cooking spray to your pizza pan and then carefully transfer your prepared pizza dough to the pan.
- You may also want to invest in a high quality pizza stone if you plan to make pizza frequently as the stone gets very hot in oven and makes pizza come out nice and crispy.