The ultimate luxury! Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs make great additions to any home with the available space to support them.
In this article we look at the environmental requirements for these luxurious devices along with providing some pointers on exactly which styles might benefit your home.
Pools, spas and hot tubs are an investment in luxury, health and good living, but their installation could have you pulling your hair out! Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs have a substantial list of requirements, not least of which are their complex care and maintenance routines. There are a number of things to consider before you even buy Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs.
For hot tubs and spas, you must consider how many people you want to accommodate. Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs are uniquely multi-user experiences, so try to get something big enough that you don’t have to disappoint any friends who won’t be able to join in! We suggest going for a 5 – 7-seater as some of the largest, but you may be more conservative.
Carefully select the location of the hot tub. Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs require adequate spacing in an outside or very large inside space.
Choose any audio equipment you require. Though not typically available in Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs, some will have equipment ready installed.
Once you have your feature list figured out for Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs, the next step is to choose a safe and secure location for your investment. Home improvement enthusiasts will probably require professional plumbing help, but most other steps can be undertaken by a novice. Consider these points:
- If outside, do not place Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs within 10 feet of overhead powerlines.
- Do not block the equipment panels or utility access to Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs.
- Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs should have sufficient drainage systems that excess water and overflow can drain away without damaging surrounding property.
- When filled with water Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs become extremely heavy. If you are installing these in/on anything but solid ground we strongly advice speaking with a home improvement contractor or architect.
- Pools, spas and hot tubs produce a lot of moisture in the air. Select fixtures and fittings which can be maintained and withstand high moisture levels.
These simple tips should see you through the correct placement and fitting of your Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs. Be sure to consult skilled tradesmen if the home improvement task requires qualified workers, otherwise many stages can be undertaken by any capable DIY enthusiast. We suggest you visit our sections on landscaping, flooring and windows for further information on issues which could impact your use of pools, spas and hot tubs. Keep in touch with Omni Home Ideas’s Twitter account for the latest ideas for home improvement.